Meraki MR76 Access Point Dubai
The Meraki MR76 Dubai is a cloud-managed 2×2:2 802.11ax access point that raises the bar for wireless performance and efficiency. Designed for next-generation deployments in offices, schools, hospitals, shops, and hotels, the MR76 offers high throughput, enterprise-grade security, and simple management.
The Meraki MR76 Dubai provides a maximum of 1.7 Gbps aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/WIPS with automated RF optimization, and a fourth integrated radio delivers Bluetooth scanning and beaconing.
With the combination of cloud management, high performance hardware, multiple radios, and advanced software features, the Meraki MR76 Dubai makes an outstanding platform for the most demanding of uses—including high-density deployments and bandwidth or performance-intensive applications like voice and high-definition video.
- 2×2:2 MU-MIMO 802.11ax
- 1.7 Gbps dual-radio aggregate frame rate
- 24×7 real-time WIDS/WIPS and spectrum analytics via dedicated third radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon
- Integrated scanning radio
- Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Flexible omni- and directional antenna options (antennas sold separately)
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Sleek design blends into office environments
- Full-time Wi-Fi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
Dual–radio aggregate frame rate of up to 1.7 Gbps*
5 GHz 2×2:2 radio and 2.4 GHz 2×2:2 radio offer a combined dual–radio aggregate frame rate of 1.7 Gbps*, with up to 1,201 Mbps in the 5 GHz band and 573 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band. Technologies like transmit beamforming and enhanced receive sensitivity allow the Meraki MR76 Dubai to support a higher client density than typical enterprise-class access points, resulting in better performance for more clients, from each AP.
Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO)
With support for features of 802.11ax, the Meraki MR76 Dubai offers MU-MIMO and OFDMA for more efficient transmission to multiple clients. Especially suited to environments with numerous mobile devices, MU-MIMO enables multiple clients to receive data simultaneously. This increases the total network performance and improves the end user experience.
Dedicated third radio delivers 24×7 wireless security and RF analytics
The MR76’s dedicated dual-band scanning and security radio continually asses the environment, characterizing RF interference and containing wireless threats like rogue access points. There’s no need to choose between wireless security, advanced RF analysis, and serving client data – a dedicated third radio means that all functions occur in real-time, without any impact to client traffic or AP throughput.
Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
An integrated fourth Bluetooth radio provides seamless deployment of BLE Beacon functionality and effortless visibility of Bluetooth devices. The Meraki MR76 Dubai enables the next generation of location-aware applications while future proofing deployments, ensuring it’s ready for any new customer engagement strategies.
Automatic cloud-based RF optimization
The MR76’s sophisticated and automated RF optimization means that there is no need for the dedicated hardware and RF expertise typically required to tune a wireless network. The RF data collected by the dedicated third radio is continuously fed back to the Meraki cloud. This data is then used to automatically tune the channel selection, transmit power, and client connection settings for optimal performance under even the most challenging RF conditions.
Integrated enterprise security and guest access
The Meraki MR76 Dubai features integrated, easy-to-use security technologies to provide secure connectivity for employees and guests alike. Advanced security features such as AES hardware-based encryption and Enterprise authentication with 802.1X and Active Directory integration provide wired-like security while still being easy to configure. One-click guest isolation provides secure, Internet-only access for visitors. PCI compliance reports check network settings against PCI requirements to simplify secure retail deployments.
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) & Mobile Device Management (MDM) integration
Meraki Systems Manager natively integrates with the Meraki MR76 Dubai to offer automatic, context-aware security. Systems Manager’s self-service enrollment helps to rapidly deploy MDM without installing additional equipment, and then dynamically tie firewall and traffic shaping policies to client posture.
Application-aware traffic shaping
The Meraki MR76 Dubai includes an integrated layer 7 packet inspection, classification, and control engine, enabling the configuration of QoS policies based on traffic type, helping to prioritize mission-critical applications while setting limits on recreational traffic like peer-to-peer and video streaming. Policies can be implemented per network, per SSID, per user group, or per individual user for maximum flexibility and control.
Voice and video optimizations
Industry standard QoS features are built-in and easy to configure. Wireless MultiMedia (WMM) access categories, 802.1p, and DSCP standards support all ensure important applications get prioritized correctly, not only on the MR76, but on other devices in the network. Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery (U-APSD) and new Target Wait Time features in 802.11ax clients ensure minimal battery drain on wireless VoIP phones.
Self-configuring, self-maintaining, always up-to-date
When plugged in, the Meraki MR76 Dubai automatically connects to the Meraki cloud, downloads its configuration, and joins the appropriate network. If new firmware is required, this is retrieved by the AP and updated automatically. This ensures the network is kept up-to-date with bug fixes, security updates, and new features.
Drilling down into the details of network usage provides highly granular traffic analytics. Visibility into the physical world can be enhanced with journey tracking through location analytics. Visitor numbers, dwell time, repeat visit rates, and track trends can all be easily monitored in the dashboard and deeper analysis is enabled with raw data available via simple APIs.
MR76 – Technical Specifications
- 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ax client access radio
- 5 GHz 802.11a/n/ac/ax client access radio
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band WIDS/WIPS, spectrum analysis, and location analytics radio
- 2.4 GHz Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio with Beacon and BLE scanning support
- Max data rate 1.7 Gbit/s
Operating Bands (country-specific restrictions apply)
- 2.412-2.484 GHz
- 5.150-5.250 GHz (UNII-1)
- 5.250-5.350 GHZ (UNII-2)
- 5.470-5.600 GHz, 5.650-5.725 GHz (UNII-2e)
- 5.725-5.825 GHz (UNII-3)
802.11ax, 802.11ac Wave 2, and 802.11n Capabilities
- UL/DL OFDMA, TWT support, BSS coloring
- 2×2 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) with 2 spatial streams
- UL/DL SU-MIMO and MU-MIMO Support
- Maximal ratio combining (MRC)
- 20, 40, and 80 MHz (802.11ac), 20 and 40 MHz channels (802.11n)
- 160 MHz (80+80); 20, 40 and 80MHz channels (802.11ax), 160 MHz (80+80)
- Up to 1024 QAM on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- Packet aggregation
- Cyclic shift diversity (CSD) support
- Power over Ethernet : 37 – 57 V (802.3af compatible)
- Power consumption : 15 W max
- Power over Ethernet injector sold separately
- Mounts to walls and horizontal, vertical, and angled poles
- Mounting hardware included
- Security screw included
- Anti-tamper cable bay
- Concealed mount plate
- Operating temperature : -40°F to 131°F (-40°C to 55°C)
- IP67 environmental rating (sealed against water and dust)
- 11.81” x 6.02” x 2.16” (30.0 cm X 15.3 cm X 5.5 cm), not including cable gland, mounts and antennas
- Weight : 47.27 oz (1.34 kg)
- One 100/1000 Mbps auto-crossover Ethernet port
- Four external N-type connectors (note: antennas sold separately)
- 1 power/booting/firmware upgrade status
- Integrated Layer 7 firewall with mobile device policy management
- Real-time WIDS/WIPS with alerting and automatic rogue AP containment with Air Marshal
- Flexible guest access with device isolation
- PCI compliance reporting
- WEP**, WPA, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-Enterprise with 802.1X, WPA3 – Personal**, WPA3 – Enterprise**, WPA3 – Enhanced Open (OWE)**
- EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-SIM
- TKIP and AES encryption
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) integration
- Cisco ISE integration for Guest access and BYOD Posturing
Quality of Service
- Advanced Power Save (U-APSD)
- WMM Access Categories with DSCP and 802.1p support
- Layer 7 application traffic identification and shaping
- PMK, OKC, & 802.11r for fast Layer 2 roaming
- 802.11r and 802.11k
- Distributed or centralized Layer 3 roaming
- 4 signal strength
- 1 Ethernet connectivity
- 1 power/booting/firmware upgrade status
- 1 year hardware warranty with advanced replacement included