Meraki MG21 Cellular Gateway Dubai
The Meraki MG21 Dubai cellular gateway simplifies the path to wireless WAN connectivity and makes cellular a viable uplink option for many networks. The Cisco Meraki MG21 Dubai acts as a gateway to cellular networks by converting LTE signal from a cellular provider to an Ethernet handoff, which can be used as an internet uplink for a variety of use-cases.
Features and Usability
- Antenna placement where cellular coverage is best
- Signal strength is key for cellular performance. The Meraki MG21 makes cellular a viable option in situations where the best location for the MX is not necessarily the best location for a strong cellular signal. The separation of cellular antenna and MX expands cellular options for all networks, particularly for mid-range MXs mounted in a data center.
- Primary WAN
- In areas where wired internet services are not available, the Cisco Meraki MG21 provides a simple, viable option for wireless WAN connectivity.
- Secondary WAN for Failover
- An MX’s secondary WAN interface connected to a Meraki MG21 Dubai may use the cellular network in the event of a primary uplink failure.
- Secondary WAN for SD-WAN
- An MX with an MG21 as a secondary WAN uplink may use the cellular network to establish VPNs for SD-WAN.
- High Availability Uplink
- The Meraki MG21 can be used as either a primary or secondary internet uplink for MX HA topologies. Its two LAN ports allow the MXs to share access to the same cellular network.
- Sleek, low profile form factor
- x1 CAT6 cellular modem – up to 300Mbps
- x1 nano SIM card slot
- x2 GbE ports
- Multi-surface mounting bracket for attachment to walls, ceilings, or poles
- IP67 rated for environments of all types
- DC or PoE
- Primary cellular connectivity
- Failover cellular connectivity