Cisco SG500X-24 Network Switch Dubai
With Layer 3 switching support, the Cisco SG500X-24 Dubai Gigabit Ethernet Managed Switch from Cisco is designed to handle business applications and more. This switch comes equipped with twenty-four Gigabit Ethernet PoE network ports and four 10 Gigabit Ethernet expansion slots allowing for multiple connection options. In addition to enhanced network connectivity, this switch supports true stacking functionality making it easy to integrate this switch into an existing rackmount configuration. Once configured, administrators can manage the network using the web-based management utility tool.
High Reliability and Resiliency
In a growing business where 24×7 availability is critical, you need to assure that employees can always access the data and resources they need. In these environments, stackable switches can play an important role in eliminating downtime and improving network resiliency. For example, if a switch within a Cisco SG500X-24 Dubai stack fails, another switch immediately takes over, keeping your network up and running. You can also replace individual devices in the stack without taking your network offline or affecting employee productivity.
The Cisco 500X models provide an additional layer of resiliency with support for the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP). VRRP lets you extend the same resiliency that stacking provides for individual switches to complete network domains. By running VRRP between two stacks, you can instantly cut over from one stack to another in the event of a problem, and continue operating even after a failure.
The Cisco SG500X-24 Dubai also supports dual images, allowing you to perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline or worry about the network going down during the upgrade.
Simplified IT Operation
Cisco SG500X-24 Dubai Series switches help optimize your IT operations with built-in features that simplify and streamline day-to-day network operation:
- True stacking allows you to troubleshoot, configure, and manage multiple physical switches as a single entity.
- Unlike other stacking switches that require uniform configurations, the Cisco 500 Series allows you to mix Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and 10 Gigabit Ethernet models in a single stack, providing total flexibility without sacrificing manageability.
- Cisco switches use common chipsets/software across all switching portfolios, so all Cisco switches within a category support the same feature set – making it easier to manage and support all switches across the network.
Some switches claim to support stacking but in practice support only “clustering” – meaning that each switch must still be managed and configured individually. Cisco SG500X-24 Dubai switches provide true stacking capability, allowing you to configure, manage, and troubleshoot all switches in a stack as a single unit, with a single IP address.
A true stack delivers a unified data and control plane, in addition to management plane, providing flexibility, scalability, and ease of use since the stack of units operate as a single entity constituting all the ports of the stack members. This capability can radically reduce complexity in a growing network environment while improving the resiliency and availability of network applications. True stacking also provides other cost savings and administrative benefits through features such as cross-stack QoS, VLANs, and port mirroring, which clustered switches can’t support.
Cisco SG500X-24 Dubai switches provide the advanced security features you need to protect your business data and keep unauthorized users off the network:
- Embedded Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protects management data traveling to and from the switch.
- Extensive access control lists (ACLs) restrict sensitive portions of the network to keep out unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
- Guest VLANs let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
- Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security tightly limits access to specific segments of your network. © 2011–2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This document is Cisco Public Information. Page 4 of 16 Data Sheet
- Advanced defense mechanisms, including dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) inspection, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IPMB (IP-MACport binding)
- Time based VLANs restrict access to the network during predesignated times, such as business hours.
- Uniform MAC address-based security can be applied automatically to mobile users as they roam between wireless access points.
- Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch is able to process management traffic in the face of a denial of service attack.
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE) provides Layer 2 isolation between devices on the same VLAN.
- Storm control can be applied to broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic.
|Interfaces/Ports||Total Number of Network Ports
Token Ring Port
Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports
Number of Stack Ports
Port/Expansion Slot Details
4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet expansion slot
Port/Expansion Slot Details
24 x Gigabit Ethernet network
|Media and Performance||Media Type Supported
Twisted Pair Cable Standard
10 Gigabit Ethernet
|I/O Expansion Slots||Number of Total Expansion Slots
Expansion Slot Type
Number of SFP+ Slots
|Network and Communication||Layer Supported
|Power||PoE (RJ-45) Port
|Certifications and Standards||
|Dimensions||1.7 x 17.3 x 13.8″ / 4.3 x 43.9 x 35.1 cm|
|Weight||10.16 lb / 4.61 kg|
|Package Weight||14.3 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||22.5 x 17.8 x 4″|