Cisco SF350-08 Network Switch Dubai
The Cisco SF350-08 Dubai Switch is part of the Cisco Small Business line of network solutions and a portfolio of affordable managed switches that provides a reliable foundation for your business network. This switch delivers the features you need to improve the availability of your critical business applications, protect your sensitive information, and optimize your network bandwidth to deliver information and applications more effectively.
The Cisco SF350-08 Dubai Layer 2 isolation between devices on the same VLAN. Advanced Layer 3 routing features, allow you to minimize the need to manually configure routing devices and simplify the ongoing operation of the network.
The Cisco SF350-08 Dubai contains 8 Fast Ethernet ports. Smart Port technology allows it to auto-detect many common attached appliances and configures aspects such as QoS prioritization and energy consumption. Bandwidth comes via four ten-Gigabit ports, both copper and SFP+, to give you the maximum flexibility in how you deploy the switch.
High Reliability and Resiliency
The Cisco SF350-08 Dubai supports dual images, allowing you to perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline or worry about the network going down during the upgrade.
Cisco SF350-08 Dubai switches provide the advanced security features you need to protect your business data and keep unauthorized users off the network:
- Embedded Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protects management data traveling to and from the switch.
- Extensive Access Control Lists (ACLs) restrict sensitive portions of the network to keep out unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
- Guest VLANs let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic.
- Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security tightly limits access to specific segments of your network. Web-based authentication provides a consistent interface to authenticate all types of host devices and operating systems, without the complexity of deploying IEEE 802.1X clients on each endpoint.
- Advanced defense mechanisms, including dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) inspection, IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IP-MAC port binding (IPMB).
- IPv6 First Hop Security extends the advanced threat protection to IPv6. This comprehensive security suite includes ND inspection, RA guard, DHCPv6 guard, and neighbor binding integrity check, providing unparalleled protection against a vast range of address spoofing and man-in-the-middle attacks on IPv6 networks.
- Time-based ACLs and port operation restrict access to the network during predesignated times such as business hours.
- Uniform MAC address-based security can be applied automatically to mobile users as they roam between wireless access points.
- Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch is able to process management traffic in the face of a Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack.
- Private VLAN Edge (PVE) provides Layer 2 isolation between devices on the same VLAN.
- Storm control can be applied to broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast traffic.
- Protection of management sessions occurs using RADIUS, TACACS+, and local database authentication as well as secure management sessions over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3.
- DoS attack prevention maximizes network uptime in the presence of an attack.
Power over Ethernet
Cisco SF350-08 Dubai Switches are available with up to 48 PoE ports. This capability simplifies advanced technology deployments such as IP telephony, wireless, and IP surveillance by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly and at a lower cost. Models support 802.3af PoE, 802.3at PoE+, and 60 Watt PoE.
Network needs are changing quickly. Thanks to evolving wireless standards and the rising number of wireless devices, keeping up with data rates and growing traffic can be a challenge. Your traditional Ethernet infrastructure can support speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps), but competing today requires much more capacity. One option is completely replacing your older cabling infrastructure and upgrading your hardware. But wouldn’t it be better to increase network speed and traffic capacity in a way that’s quick, inexpensive, and efficient?