Cisco MDS9718 Multilayer Director Dubai
The Cisco MDS9718 Dubai Multilayer Director has the industry’s highest port density for a SAN director, with 768 line-rate 16-Gbps Fiber Channel ports. It is ready for future support for 768 line-rate 32-Gbps Fiber Channel ports. The MDS 9718 also supports the Cisco 24-port 40-Gbps Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) line card. It is designed for deployment in midsize to large enterprises. The Cisco MDS9718 Dubai enables SAN consolidation and collapsed-core solutions for large enterprises, thereby reducing the number of managed switches and leading to easy-to-manage solutions, providing more front panel ports by reducing the number of ports used on Inter-Switch Links (ISLs), and offering room for future growth.
The Cisco MDS9718 Dubai is designed to meet the performance and scalability needs of the most demanding SANs while also lowering the TCO. It offers:
- Up to 48-Tbps front-panel Fibre Channel (FC) switching capacity
- 1.5-Tbps front-panel FC performance per slot
- Up to 768 32-Gbps autosensing line-rate FC ports; 10-Gbps FCoE ports per chassis; or 24 ports of 40-Gbps FCoE
- Up to 128 10-Gbps FCIP ports
- Integrated analytics on 32G module
Lower TCO and Outstanding Investment Protection
The Cisco MDS9718 Dubai is optimized for the data center and delivers a lower TCO. It features:
- Very high-density 32-Gbps FC and 10/40-Gbps FCoE connectivity
- Investment protection for more than a decade
- True front-to-back air flow for hot-cold aisle deployments
Designed to grow with your storage environment, the MDS 9718 provides smooth migration, common sparing, and exceptional investment protection.
The Cisco MDS9718 Dubai provides the industry’s first redundancy on all major hardware components, including the supervisor and fabric modules as well as the power supplies.
It is available in a software architecture through non-disruptive software upgrades, automatic process restarts, and stateful supervisor failover.
Converged Networks to Simplify SAN Connectivity
Using the 9718 director, you can easily connect a Cisco MDS-based SAN infrastructure to large converged networks with multihop FCoE. The operating system and management interface are the same as all other Cisco data center switches.
Minimum Software Requirements
- Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software Release 7.3 or later
- 48-port Fibre Channel module supporting 4/8/16/32-Gbps autosensing (optionally configurable) Fibre Channel ports
- 48-port FC module supporting 2/4/8/16-Gbps autosensing (optionally configurable) and 10-Gbps fixed rate FC ports
- 48-port FCoE module with 10-Gbps FCoE ports
- 24-port FCoE module with 40-Gbps FCoE ports
- 24/10 SAN extension module with 24 ports at 2/4/8/10/16 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Channel, 8 ports at 1/10 GE, and 2 ports at 40 GE for FCIP
- NVMe over Fibre Channel Support
- Virtual SAN (VSAN)
- Inter-VSAN Routing (IVR)
- PortChannel with multipath load balancing
- Flow- and zone-based quality of service (QoS)
- N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)
- Integrated Analytics